Valentine’s Day in Bali
Bali is frequently ranked as one of the top romantic destinations on the planet, with a mixture of deserted island dreaminess and luxurious home comforts, Bali has everything to spoil any pair of lovebirds, irrespective of age, nationality and background! Whether you’re on a budget or not, there is a myriad of things to do and hidden gems to explore.
Check out our top-ten list of the best romantic activities that Bali has to offer. It will surely be a tropical Valentine day to remember.
1. Picnic at the pristine beach in Uluwatu
For some people, arranging a romantic meal in a restaurant or night in a hotel as the old usual dates for Valentines Day might be slightly overrated. Whether it’s take away sandwiches and soft drinks with the kids or wine and cheese for the lovers, a beach picnic at one of these beautiful white sandy pristine beaches down in Uluwatu is a terrific romantic yet tropical idea for celebrating love in style without being so conventional.
- Where: Green Bowl Beach
- Alternatives : Gunung Payung Beach or Dreamland Beach
2. Bubble Hotel Bali
Surprise your loved one’s with a night under the sky in this giant clear plastic bubble. With visions of a romantic night under the starry sky and on a secluded beach in the paradise, Bubble Hotel Bali delivers an amazing experience. Spending a night in this unique setting with your loved one’s, in your ‘Bubble’ of love, will be a Valentine to remember.
- Where: ULUWATU – Jl. Batu Nunggalan No.11, Pecatu, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali
- Who: 0857-9263-1625
- Website: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19317371
3. Staycation in an eco-chic bamboo cottage
Photo via tripCanvas
If crowded seaside resorts won’t really surprise your loved one, then the hidden serenity of an eco-chic bamboo cottage in Ubud with such a majestic view might just do the trick. Beside expecting no TV and Wifi here, the walls and ceiling of the cottage are made with intricately laid woven bamboo, so you can expect to feel the cool Bali breeze in the evenings and the warmth of the sun in the morning.
- Location: Bambu Indah Ubud (From USD $258 per night)
- Phone: +62(0)361 977 922 / +62(0)361 886 8807
4. Spa & Dine at Karma Spa
Photo via KarmaGroup
Prepare to be stunned and pampered at the same time. This magical experience that’s specially design for a couple includes spa treatment followed by a cliff top candlelit dinner at the Jacuzzi deck of Karma Spa, at Karma Kandara resort in Uluwatu.
- Where: KARMA KANDARA BALI – Jalan Villa Kandara, Ungasan, Kuta Selatan, Ungasan, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80362
- Who: +62 361 848 2205
5. Rice terrace trekking at Tegalalang
If you and your loved one are nature-lovers, spend some quality time together trekking around the rice terraces while enjoying the cool weather. There is much to be enjoyed among the majestically terraced rice fields that surround this Balinese gem.
6. Glamping at Firefly Eco Lodge
Photo via UbudHood
A ‘Glamping’ getaway would not go unnoticed by your loved ones! Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, this serene experience in Bali is unlike any other. If you and your loved one’s wanted to get whisked into the hidden retreats of Bali, this is the place to be!
- Where: UBUD – Geriya Mabian, Br. Ambengan, Peliatan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia
- Who: + 62 822-4703-5046
- Websites: https://www.facebook.com/FireflyEcoLodge/
7. Island getaway to Nusa Penida
Photo via Travelaar
This gorgeous neighbor island of Bali has so much to offer for all lovers! You can treat your loved one’s to a day trip to see what can only be described as breathtaking. This paradise island has become the next ‘it’ destination, Bali Cili allows you to explore this pristine paradise and it’s guaranteed you will fall in love all over again.
- Where: NUSA PENIDA
- Who: +6281807204156
- Website: http://balicili.com/deals/tour/bc01-nusa-penida-one-day-trip-cristal-bay-broken-beach-angle-billabong-kelingking-beach/
8. Sunrise Breakfast by the rice field
Photo via tripCanvas
What’s a better way to start a special day than by enjoying freshly prepared meals and locally grown tropical fruit juices, as the sun rises over the stunning rice fields in Ubud? Watch the workers begin their day in the paddy fields and appreciate how hard the Balinese locals work.
It’s amazing to know that the rice on your plate came from those little rice plants! And for some reason, eating rice while surrounded by paddy fields makes it taste just that much better.
- Terracotta Restaurant
- Address: Jalan Raya Lungsiakan Ubud Bali 80571
- Contact: +62 361 8989700
- Price Range: Mains from Rp. 120k++ (Approximately USD 10)
- Opening Hours: 7am to 11pm
9. Indulge in serenity with an ocean view Jacuzzi
Is there anything more romantic than having an in-room Jacuzzi? Best of all, the Jacuzzi is on the terrace, providing the best sunsets right at your fingertips. All in all it would be one of the best Valentine’s Gifts you could give. In case you don’t want to splurge on expensive flight tickets to Greece, you can head straight to Morabito Art Cliff, which has a similar style of architecture as found on Santorini Island.
- Where: BINGIN BEACH – Morabito Art Cliff, Pantai Bingin, Bukit, Bali, Indonesia
- Who: +62(0) 81338196666
- Website: http://www.morabitoartcliff.com/santorini
10. Luxurious Champagne Brunch at Kayuputi – St. Regis Bali Resort
If an overnight get-away isn’t for you, what about a luxurious relaxing Champagne brunch at one of the prestigious five star resort in Nusa Dua? This lavish experience would absolutely ‘woo’ your lover and set the tone for an entire day of romance.
- Where: The ST. REGIS BALI RESORT – Kawasan Pariwisata, Nusa Dua Lot S6 PO Box 44, Nusa Dua • Bali 80363Badung
- Who: +623613006786
- Websites: http://www.kayuputirestaurant.com/en/sunday-brunch